The BeadBlaster™ 24 is ideal for applications involving the homogenization of biological samples. It can grind, lyse, and thoroughly homogenize even resilient samples, often in only 35 seconds. The tube carrier can carry 24 samples containing microbeads. When activated, the tube carrier moves in a way that creates high energy impacts between the microbeads and the samples, homogenizing them rapidly. Once the samples are homogenized, the tubes can be centrifuged and the supernatant removed for additional processing. This process releases the cellular contents in the sample.
A digital display shows the operating parameters of the BeadBlaster 24, and it can be programmed to run shorter consecutive cycles when working with fragile or heat-sensitive samples. The unit can store up to 50 cycle programs for streamlining laboratory work and standardizing protocols. Benchmark offers a variety of kits that include prefilled microtubes for different sample types.
• Fast, efficient homogenization in about 35 seconds
• For all sample types, from soft tissue to bone
• Mix up to 24 tubes simultaneously
• Sealed 2.0ml tubes – eliminates cross contamination
• Full range of beads in prefilled tubes and bulk available
24 × 20 × 24 in
• Speed Range: 4.0-7.0 m/s (in 0.05 m/s increments)
• Capacity: 24 x 2.0ml
• Cycle Time: 1 to 90 sec. (up to 90 sec.)
• Pause between cycles: 0 to 2 min. (1 sec. increments)
• Max cycles per program: 10
• Program Memory: up to 50
• Accel./Decel. Time: <2 sec. / <2 sec.
• Noise Level: <68db
•Dimensions (in.): 11 x 14.2 x 15.2
• Weight: 55 lbs.
• Warranty: 2-years
• Electrical: 100 to 240V 50-60Hz